TomorrowMakers

Epsilon Money survey shows 60% of women investors favour traditional investments; promoting financial literacy can empower them in informed decision-making.

financial literacy

Despite being excellent savers, achieving financial goals remains a challenge for many women. A recent survey conducted by Epsilon Money reveals that 60% of female investors still prefer traditional investment options like fixed deposits and saving accounts.

This article delves into the factors that influence women's investment choices and how promoting financial literacy can empower them to make more informed decisions.

Traditional investments: Perceived safety and liquidity

The survey results highlight that women often choose traditional investment options due to their perceived safety and liquidity, reflecting a preference for lower-risk options. Women generally have less leisure time to research investment options, making them feel less confident in their decisions.

Additionally, women are more risk-averse than men, which contributes to their preference for traditional investments.

Financial decision-making among women

According to the survey, 44% of women investors make their own financial decisions, primarily motivated by self-security. The remaining 56% seek advice before making any financial decision.

Both groups are open to financial literacy and awareness, indicating a willingness to learn and improve their financial management skills.

Also ReadWomen and Money

Financial goals and aspirations

Women prioritise self-security when making investment decisions, followed by buying a house, funding children's education/marriage, and planning for retirement. These goals showcase the changing aspirations of modern Indian women. 

Encouraging more women to participate in investment activities can help bridge the gap between savings and investment in India, potentially leading to substantial economic growth and development in the long run.

Promoting financial literacy and empowerment

A new initiative called "Empowering Financial Females" is being launched by many with the objective of promoting financial awareness among women investors through various digital resources and offline events.

This initiative is focused on providing women with the necessary knowledge about financial tools and investment options. By offering guidance and support, it aims to empower women to make informed decisions and take control of their finances in order to attain financial independence.

Also ReadBest Ways To Improve Financial Security For Women

The Takeaway

The survey's findings reveal that women investors still lean towards traditional investment options due to perceived safety and liquidity. However, there is a clear willingness to learn and improve financial literacy.

Programs such as "Financial Empowerment for Women" have the potential to impact women's ability to make well-informed investment choices significantly. This, in turn, can contribute to the overall economic growth and development of the nation.

By providing women with the tools and resources to make informed investment decisions, we can promote a culture of financial literacy and increase the overall participation of women in the economy.

Despite being excellent savers, achieving financial goals remains a challenge for many women. A recent survey conducted by Epsilon Money reveals that 60% of female investors still prefer traditional investment options like fixed deposits and saving accounts.

This article delves into the factors that influence women's investment choices and how promoting financial literacy can empower them to make more informed decisions.

Traditional investments: Perceived safety and liquidity

The survey results highlight that women often choose traditional investment options due to their perceived safety and liquidity, reflecting a preference for lower-risk options. Women generally have less leisure time to research investment options, making them feel less confident in their decisions.

Additionally, women are more risk-averse than men, which contributes to their preference for traditional investments.

Financial decision-making among women

According to the survey, 44% of women investors make their own financial decisions, primarily motivated by self-security. The remaining 56% seek advice before making any financial decision.

Both groups are open to financial literacy and awareness, indicating a willingness to learn and improve their financial management skills.

Also ReadWomen and Money

Financial goals and aspirations

Women prioritise self-security when making investment decisions, followed by buying a house, funding children's education/marriage, and planning for retirement. These goals showcase the changing aspirations of modern Indian women. 

Encouraging more women to participate in investment activities can help bridge the gap between savings and investment in India, potentially leading to substantial economic growth and development in the long run.

Promoting financial literacy and empowerment

A new initiative called "Empowering Financial Females" is being launched by many with the objective of promoting financial awareness among women investors through various digital resources and offline events.

This initiative is focused on providing women with the necessary knowledge about financial tools and investment options. By offering guidance and support, it aims to empower women to make informed decisions and take control of their finances in order to attain financial independence.

Also ReadBest Ways To Improve Financial Security For Women

The Takeaway

The survey's findings reveal that women investors still lean towards traditional investment options due to perceived safety and liquidity. However, there is a clear willingness to learn and improve financial literacy.

Programs such as "Financial Empowerment for Women" have the potential to impact women's ability to make well-informed investment choices significantly. This, in turn, can contribute to the overall economic growth and development of the nation.

By providing women with the tools and resources to make informed investment decisions, we can promote a culture of financial literacy and increase the overall participation of women in the economy.