- Date : 17/01/2022
- Read: 4 mins
Succeed with your New Year’s resolution - here’s how to get fitter in 2022!
One of the most popular (and easily breakable) New Year’s resolutions people make is to get fitter. Though this is something most people find extremely difficult to do, it is easily achievable if you have the right guidance. Working out, eating right, and sleeping on time can do wonders not only for your physical health but also for your mental health. If the pandemic has taught us anything, it is the importance of good health. So, if you are among the many, many women who want to get it right this time, here are four fitness apps that give results.
MyFitnessPal helps you take control of your goals. This app does it all. It helps you track your diet, count calories, and log your exercise activities. It customises your fitness goals based on what you want to achieve, the food you are eating, and your body type. It has over 11 million foods in its database so you can keep count of calories accurately. It makes tracking and logging simple and motivates you by connecting you to a large fitness community.
- Accurate calorie counting and tracking
- Connect with over 50 other fitness apps
- Free trial for 30 days
- Monthly subscription of US$9.99
- Annual subscription of US$49.99
- Access to expert nutritionists and dieticians
- Personalised dashboards
- Play Store rating: 4.5
- Downloads: 50,000,000+
2. Daily Workouts
Daily Workouts teaches you to exercise the right way. This free app creates a workout routine for you, ranging from 5 to 30 minutes, so that you can exercise in the comfort of your home, office, or park. The routines help you target all the major muscles and strengthen and tone your body. The app has a simple interface, complete with video and timer, so you can easily understand and perform each exercise.
- Personal trainer anytime, anywhere
- Effective 5-30 minute workouts
- Custom workout options
- Preset yoga routines
- Free app for exercise enthusiasts
- Developed by a certified personal fitness trainer
- 100+ exercises
- No internet required to do most workouts
- Play Store rating: 4.7
- Downloads: 10,000,000+
If you like variety in your workout regime, Aaptiv is what you need. It helps you reach your fitness goals by providing different audio and video fitness workouts such as strength training, yoga, outdoor running, stretching, and more. It makes workout fun by providing access to thousands of different sessions so you can choose whatever gets you going. Aaptiv also connects you with fitness coaches and helps you devise tailored programmes - whether you’re looking at weight loss, increased flexibility, fitness post childbirth, etc.
- Unlimited access to thousands of workouts
- More than 30 new classes added weekly
- Professional trainers for guidance
- Free trial for 7 days
- Monthly subscription of US$14.99
- Annual subscription of US$99.99
- Team challenges for extra motivation
- Play Store rating: 4.0
- Downloads: 1,000,000+
4. Couch to 5K
If there is a fitness app that will motivate you to get off your couch and run a marathon, it is Couch to 5K (C25K). It is targeted at beginners who want to train for their first race. It handholds them every step of the way so they can get it right without stressing their body. The best part? It only asks you to train for 30 minutes a day, three days a week, for nine weeks to get marathon-ready.
- Dedicated running programme for beginners
- Allows you to train with your dog
- Provides books to support your journey
- Monthly subscription of US$2.99
- Available in multiple languages
- Inspirational podcasts to accompany you on your runs
- Discussion and support forums
- 10K training after 5K
- Play Store rating: 4.6
- Downloads: 100,000+