- Date : 12/07/2019
- Read: 3 mins
All that glitters is not gold, especially in cosmetics!
A woman’s beauty is in her feminine charms. When we think of the perfect beauty, we instantly imagine a woman with thick eyelashes, plump lips, a clear skin, and the perfectly sculpted cheekbones of course. However, anyone who has ever laid their eyes on a real woman knows that this standard of beauty requires high makeup skills and the choicest cosmetics.
No wonder women invest heavily in cosmetics! However, is this necessary? By no means! Don’t get us wrong, there are certain skincare essentials which absolutely need you to loosen your wallet. However, the ones you have been commonly extravagant about might not be worth it. So, we have compiled two lists, one for the ones that aren’t worth your precious savings and the second one is the list for all those cosmetics that deserve every bit of the splurging you do on them. Sit tight, ladies, these lists will turn your life around!
List 1 – Products to not splurge on:
1. Moisturizer: With the plethora of moisturizers being advertised on our television set these days, it may seem as if one can’t do without the absolute best moisturizer. While this is true, this in no way means that the best moisturizers are the most expensive ones. Coconut oil or Shea butter serve as excellent moisturizers that come in almost 1/10ththe cost of branded ones.
2. Lipsticks: This may come as a shock, but when it comes to choosing lipsticks, each brand is saturated over the innovation of shades. As long as you pick a dermatologically trusted brand, you should be fine picking the one with a smaller price tag.
3. Nail Paints: Of course, this had to be here. Nail paints are nearly all the same, irrespective whether the company has advertised it with revolutionary formulae or it is a drugstore cheaper option. The cheaper ones may come off cakey after a point, but at least they give you more opportunity to experiment with other colours.
List 2 – Products to splurge on:
1. Eye cosmetics: Be it a liner or a mascara, you absolutely can not go wrong with the eye makeup. The better the brand, the more volume its mascara will add to your lashes and the more charcoal-ish matte will its kaajal be. Besides, no-one wants to settle for a cheaper smudging kaajal. Moreover, your under eye skin is the most delicate and deserves the best care. So, invest in the best quality of eye serums or under-eye creams available.
2. Lip balm: Now, we did put lipsticks, lip glosses and even lip colours in the “don’t splurge” list, but lip care is essential. Chapped lips do not have what it takes to withstand a day of lip colour’s harmful chemicals. So, always give your lips a good foundation with a hydrating lip balm.
3. Hair care: You probably know by now that not every shampoo and conditioner duo serves you well. After loads of experimentation and damaged hair, you may find a match in something cheap, but that’s not usually the case. Go for Keratin-enriched or sulphate-free mild shampoos which may not always come easy to your wallet, but definitely help your hair shine better.
We hope you can ascertain the “save” or “splurge” tag better now. Happy Shopping! Read this and know if you spend as much as these actresses on beauty products.