- Date : 29/12/2022
- Read: 3 mins
A look at the list of richest Indian women featured in Forbes Billionaire's List 2022
When Forbes releases the Forbes Billionaires List 2022 every year, we are curious to find out who has made it from India. Who is the richest man in India, who is the richest woman in India, what does the India rich list look like, and so on?
Here are the featured Forbes Billionaires List 2022 women from India.
- Savitri Jindal – She is the chairperson emeritus of the OP Jindal group, most of whose group companies are primarily into metal and mining, apart from energy, infrastructure, cement, paint etc. Jindal is also a politician and has acted as a cabinet minister for the Congress government in Haryana. Originally from Tinsukia in Assam, Savitri Jindal is the richest woman in India with a net worth of $16.4 billion.
- Rekha Jhunjhunwala – The surviving half of Rare Enterprises, Rekha is currently worth $5.9 billion. Her late husband Rakesh was an ace investor who passed away in August this year. Together they hold stakes in some of the leading listed companies in India including, Titan, Metro Brands, Star Health, Rallis India etc. She is also one of the co-owners of the recently launched Akasa Air.
- Falguni Nayar – A late bloomer in the business world, Falguni Nayar was an investment banker who started the beauty products e-store Nykaa in 2012. After Nykaa’s listing on the stock exchange in November 2021, Falguni Nayar has gone on to become one of the richest women in India. Presently she is worth $4.08 billion.
- Vinod Rai Gupta – The matriarch of the family that holds a majority stake in Havells India. They manufacture electrical and lighting fixtures as well as white goods like fans, refrigerators, ceiling fans etc. Havells has a presence in over 60 countries and has 14 factories. Mother Vinod and son Anil Gupta have a net worth of $6.3 billion.
- Leena Tewari – Tewari is the chairperson of the pharma and healthcare company USV. Her daughter Aneesha joined the board of this privately held company in August this year. Leena’s net worth is estimated to be around $3.74 billion.
- Divya Golkunath – Along with Byju Raveendran, Divya is the co-founder of the edtech giant Byju’s. With investments from Chan Zuckerberg and Tencent, Byju’s is one of the top startups in the world. Their net worth is said to be $3.6 billion.
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw – A multiple Padma awardee, Shaw has been a regular in the Forbes India rich list for quite some time now. Her company Biocon is into healthcare and her net worth is estimated to be $2.7 billion.
- Anu Aga – Former chairperson of the engineering firm Thermax, Anu Aga is valued at $2.23 billion, and she holds a majority stake in the company. Aga has returned to the rich list after a gap of eight years.
Also Read: Indian women economists you should know
They may be born with a silver spoon, get married into riches or build their fortune on their own. But in all these cases, their achievements, and the fact that they managed to sustain their riches, act as a source of inspiration and awe for millions.